Hello friends. It's a great day for America :-) The Supreme Court has passed the law for gay marriage to be legalized in all states. I'm really so happy for them, this is a pretty huge step forward for them in respecting gay rights and it really is amazing. [disclaimer: not promoting LGBT in any way] Hoping that one day this love will spread through out the world, because love always wins.
Anyway, in other news. I survived summer1!!!!! *patpat on my shoulder* It was easier to get through than expected so I hope summer3 would be equally manageable. Also, reuniting with my girls in summer3 ahhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait :-) Classes have been so boring without them. I've started going back to work (shortened my leave by 2 weeks) because they really needed my help, and since exams are over so why not? With all the work piled up there's definitely lesser free time than before but Rochester is still chill as always. United, on the other hand, is constantly buzzing. But there are things I love about United - my ever humorous pmo girls, the pantry food, the huge office, how familiar I am with everything and places we can go for lunch. Rochester is calm, but much less exciting and boy is the office so foreign to me. And not to mention the pathetic pantry that has absolutely nothing. I love how sophisticated the interior design is though, but the office is so small :-( Oh well I probably shouldn't complain since it is so much nearer to my house than United is.
Alright enough with the rantings about my work that nobody even understands hahaha. Been having lots of thoughts these days, mostly random thoughts. One that kept going on and on for some time is the most common question people ask and how irritating it gets - "do you have a boyfriend?". Even my mum has occasionally been chasing me, asking why I haven't found someone yet. How strange. Just a year or two ago, if I were to have dated someone people would pass it off as something that "wouldn't last" or my parents would probably ask me to focus on my studies instead. But what difference does a year or two make?? Just because we are now freed from the system of uniforms, school classes and having national exams, does that mean we have changed and matured completely? It's just a really weird phenomenon that I can't understand. Right now, anyway, I don't think I am ready for relationships and stuff related to that. I'm not sure why but I just don't feel ready and the desire to be involved in such stuff for now. Of course I still envy couples, still get that warm fuzzy funny feeling in my heart sometimes and definitely want to be like them happy couples one day but it just isn't the right time now. Maybe I still need time for myself or I just haven't met someone that can change the way I think. And, to a pretty large extent, my previous (super bad/pathetic) relationship really changed the whole way I viewed relationships, guys and "love". It took me quite some time before I could see the positive side of things again.... Don't want to tarnish that image just yet. Sigh love is such a weird thing. But it is also so powerful.
Having a little problem with my friends recently as well. Some of them may not be as close/similar to me as I thought them to be. But as I've learned in my modules, the differentiating process is inevitable. It's just a phase, right? I sure hope it is. Okay over-analyzing relationships and stuff, again. The damn woes of a communication student. Totally understand what jennim meant with her "overthinking" struggles now. Speaking of which, esther is finally back from aussie!!!! Though she's only gonna be here for a month but it's better than nothing. Maybe absence makes the heart fonder. Maybe.
Till next time x
p/s I want to go for bigbang's concert?! But $$$
No comments:
Post a Comment